We're so thrilled to be carrying Spicewalla's Chai Pani and Golden Milk mixes! The quality of their spices is wonderful and we love both of these blends for a pick me up at home. Here's more about Spicewalla in their own words:
"In 2009, Meherwan Irani quit his day job in sales to open his first restaurant – Chai Pani, a unique Indian street food joint in downtown Asheville. Whether it was a midlife crisis or a stroke of genius is debatable. Since then, the self-taught chef has opened four restaurants, one bar, and now, Spicewalla. With four James Beard Award nominations for Best Chef in the Southeast under his belt, he’s finally confident this might just be working out. His restaurants have been written up in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Food & Wine, Saveur, USA Today, and Bon Appétit, among others.
Growing up in India, Meherwan noticed that spices, like produce, are part of the natural rhythm of the seasons. Seeds are planted, and grow until procured at different times of the year. Then they're used in making blends and masalas. The entire family is involved in this process. Each family’s blend is distinctive and a source of pride. Every fall, a whole week was dedicated to making their own dhansak masala in Meherwan’s grandmother's home."
Chai Pani, 2.6 Oz:
To recreate this Chai Pani fave, bring 1 cup of milk, 1 cup water, a splash of half & half, & 1 Tbs of the blend to a simmer. Strain into your best mug, sweeten to your liking, and enjoy!
CTC black tea, ginger, cardamom
Golden Milk, 2.6 Oz:
Treat yourself to liquid gold! This tasty turmeric drink is packed with antioxidants and the warm flavors of ginger, nutmeg, and roasted coriander. In a small pot, add 1 teaspoon to 1 cup of milk or dairy-free alternative. Simmer for 3 minutes, sweeten to taste with honey or sugar, and enjoy!
Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger, Black pepper, Nutmeg, Roasted Coriander
NOTE: Some containers may be slightly dented during shipping. But the quality inside is still tasty.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 and measures taken to ensure the safety of everyone shipping, we are experiencing additional delays of 5-10 days!
Everything is shipped with care within 1-3 business days! The shipping options you select are for delivery times, not our handling timeframe. We use a combination of USPS, UPS, Fedex, DHL, and Globegistics for shipping.
Preorders typically ship within 3 months of date of purchase, but may experience longer delays due to COVID-19
More questions? Check out our FAQ!
We are happy to accommodate returns! We issue store credit for any full price items within our return window less a restocking fee. Want to know more? Check out our FAQ!
- In the return portal within 5 days of receiving your order, you can issue your own return here!
- We offer free return shipping, less a $10 restocking fee (that's what we get charged from our warehouse too!) from your return credit.
- We will issue you a free return postage.
- You have 5 days once you receive the postage to put your item in the mail in unwashed, unworn condition in the original polybag.
- If you're late beyond the above timeframe, we will still accept your package less a 20% restocking fee within 30 days.
- Returns are not accepted beyond 30 days.
- If your item returns to us without original packaging and needs to be refurbished (cleaned, folded, and relabeled) you will be given store credit less a 15% cleaning fee. This fee may be additional to the 20% fee if your item is also late.
- Sale items are final sale and cannot be returned.